Network diagnostics for the end user

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Jun 21 00:45:59 UTC 2013

Are there any tools out there that we could give to our end users to help
diagnose network problems? We get a lot of "the Internet is slow" support
calls and it would be helpful if we had something that would run on the end
user's computer and help characterize the problem. We have central
monitoring system of course but that doesn't always give a complete
picture, as the problem could always be on the end user's computer - slow
hard drive, not enough memory, wrong name servers, etc.