net neutrality and peering wars continue

Jerry Dent effinjdent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 04:02:51 UTC 2013

Let's not kid ourselves, the transit providers are just as greedy. Even the
tier 2 ones (minus HE). My favorite is when they turn down your request
because you have an out of band circuit in a remote pop with them. As if
we're stuffing 800G of traffic down a 1G circuit that's never seen 100K of
traffic on it. Or the "It would jeopardize our peering agreements with
other providers" ... followed by a call from one of their sales guys the
next day.