Network Vendor suggestions/reviews, Arista Networks, Dell Force10, Juniper, Extreme Networks etc...

Andreas Larsen andreas.larsen at ip-only.se
Wed Jun 19 06:26:36 UTC 2013

I have worked with both Extreme,  Juniper, Cisco and Brocade and Avaya.

Extreme.
Great boxes stable and afforadable when it comes to 10GE and 40GE. Truly
one XOS for all boxes, lowend x440 has the same XOS as 48*10GE
device.Support sucks very bad though if you can't get your SE to support
you.

Juniper
Great boxes, very nice CLI, good support with a nice ticketsystem and good
kb. However I have found alot of bugs that needs to be corrected in the
switch series that are somewhat annoying.

Cisco
Good boxes, expensive great support and a amazing KB.

Brocade
Good boxed, a tad expensive. Open to opensoucre when it comes to SDN
stuff.

Avaya
Great boxes, SPB all the way =), not a solid true OS yet but some
different ones on different boxes, but to my mind the SPB solution gives
you the most flexability in a datacenter today and you can even in the
long run mix vendors if you like since it's open and standarized.

Short rant =)  Hope you find the vendor you like the best and by all means
take in a couple of them for test.

Med vänlig hälsning
Andreas Larsen

IP-Only Telecommunication AB| Postadress: 753 81 UPPSALA | Besöksadress:
S:t Persgatan 6, Uppsala |
Telefon: +46 (0)18 843 10 00 | Direkt: +46 (0)18 843 10 56
www.ip-only.se