huawei

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Tue Jun 18 17:17:36 UTC 2013

So I'm clear, its not just a "low bit rate" argument.  Its a low bit rate,
combined with little spare horsepower (CPU & RAM), little non-volatile
storage, and a deluge of information to sort through in order to find
something useful.  If core routers weren't in the core, where they have
access to lots of data, they'd never be considered as targets for data
interception.  To that point there are other, better, places to intercept
data that has both better throughput and fewer challenges (ie less
expensive).

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum