How ISP's in ARIN region create automatic prefix-filters?

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 19:19:29 UTC 2013

Joe,

ok, so in ARIN region there are two separate databases- "ARIN’s
Registration database" and "ARIN’s Routing Registry database". If there is
a database containing routing policy information in ARIN region as well,
then why do you suggest to use RIPE database? I mean shouldn't most ISP's
in RIPE region use radb or their own whois database which mirrors all major
IRR databases and thus rr.arin.net among the others?

regards,
Martin