huawei (ZTE too)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Thu Jun 13 21:45:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-13 14:28, david peahi wrote:

> Last I heard NANOG stands for North American Network Operators Group.
> Anti-American comments are not welcome here..

(IMHO there was nothing 'anti-american' about my statement, though I
guess it completely depends on what the definition of that would be; I
am sure that a more longer standing NANOG member will personally kick me
in the head to enlighten me if it was though...)

Even though NANOG starts with the letters "NA", it is the most important
public Internet operator forum, worldwide, hence why NANOG also has a
lot of members from around the rest of world and gets input, and heck,
presentations from the rest of the world, because that little Internet
thing is worldwide.

Also note that any impact happening on the Internet in the US has
wide-spread consequences to the rest of the world and a back-door in
gear in the US will be a back-door for the rest of the world too and
they will be more than happy to know about that and will act and decide
in similar fashion.

But I think I wrote something about the O part of NANOG.... thus I'll
/dev/null further list responses to this as it will just end up in a
more useless flamewar.

Greets,
 Jeroen
  (Written from the SFO area... not from a hotel in HK ;)