huawei (ZTE too)

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 19:32:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:
> They are playing our love of "But Wait There's More!". Give us everything at
> deep discounts or for free and receive direct access to the core of every
> major telecom company on the planet.  For a few hundred million dollars the
> Chinese government has intelligence on anyone or anything world wide, and
> their agents are welcomed with open arms.

both cisco and juniper do this as well.. with phone-home full
show-tech-equivalent data collection systems... all pushed into an
internal DB ready for marketing/etc...

I'm sure other vendors (ALU/etc) all do this as well... the addition
of 'Dedicated Support Engineers' sitting in your faciltiy is neat, but
also not 'new' wrt cisco/juniper.

(I also happen to think that this is probably the method most likely
used to exfil data of interest)