chargen is the new DDoS tool?

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 11:48:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Aaron Glenn <aaron.glenn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Banks and insurance companies supposedly have some interesting actuarial
>> data on this.
>>

> Do you know of any publicly available sources?

I don't. There's a US entity that represents credit card companies
that has their own type of "Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report"
where you might find some iinfo of this type. You might also look at
how/if AlienVault and others rank threats which should give you the
"how hard is this hack" and "how hard is this to fix" figure.

The theory behind generating this type of actuarial data should be
more available than it is. I have a feeling that companies who have
this information look at entities in the same type of business and
make educated guesses on how breaches affected their bottom line based
on stock vaule and the like. There is probably some private data
sharing here as well.