Single AS multiple Dirverse Providers

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Mon Jun 10 18:05:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick at ianai.net>wrote:

> > however, providers a/b at site1 do not send us the two /24s from
> > site b..
>
> This is probably incorrect.
>
> The providers are almost certainly sending you the prefixes, but your
> router is dropping them due to loop detection.

As noted above, if your *provider* is running JunOS, that is
incorrect; by default, Juniper will not send routes out were
learned from the same ASN as the one to which the neighbor
is configured.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos95/swconfig-routing/id-13225234.html#id-13255463

I've been bitten by this before.

Matt