PRISM: NSA/FBI Internet data mining project

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 22:43:55 UTC 2013

On Jun 7, 2013, at 12:25 AM, jamie rishaw <j at arpa.com> wrote:

> <tinfoilhat>
> Just wait until we find out dark and lit private fiber is getting vampired.
> </tinfoilhat>

Speaking from the content provider dide here, but we've always run IPsec on DCIs and even "private" T1s/DS3s back in the day.

Doesn't everyone do the same these days? I find it hard to imagine passing any audit/compliance process without doing so.

"Private lines" or "dedicated fiber" always pass through much public, unmanaged, and unmonitored space infrastructure. And we know better than to trust our providers to never screw up and mis-route traffic.