PRISM: NSA/FBI Internet data mining project

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Fri Jun 7 13:53:37 UTC 2013

> > So, you are comfortable just giving up your right to privacy? It's just the way
> it is?
>
> If you want to exercise your right to privacy, use end to end encryption and
> onion remixing networks to hamper traffic analysis.

Whoa.

These are two completely separate issues. I concur with you whole-heartedly; if you have something to keep private or something that is sensitive, protect it. That is your right, it is legal, and you should do it. I do.

But that DOES NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, in any way make it OK for the USG to ignore the fourth amendment. I should not have to "hamper traffic analysis" that is analyzing my traffic illegally. That is the bigger point here.

> Everything else is for the hopelessly gullible.

You mean, "Everything else is for the people who are OK with being snooped on by the government."

> > I'm sorry, I am not as accepting of that fact as you are. I am disappointed
> > and disgusted that this is, and has been, going on. Our government is failing
> > us.
>
> What government is this, kemo sabe? Nanog has a global audience.

Fair enough, but I think we all know what I am talking about.