ARIN WHOIS for leads

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jul 26 14:52:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:42:11 -0500, "Otis L. Surratt, Jr." said:

> > Even the anti-spam army out there seem to ignore 'This is the abuse
> contact', and end up spamming all whois org contacts. What's the point
> in that?
>
> I agree. Most of them end up blasting all contacts which is completely
> stupid!!! That's why you see on the comment sections with many providers
> something along the lines of "Please use Abuse Handle or please send
> requests for DMCA to this handle"

Well, if the community actually did it's job so mail to abuse@ and postmaster@
and similar role addresses actually got delivered instead of bouncing, and
then actually did some good rather than being unread/ignored, maybe we wouldn't
have to rely on a DNS jockey listed in a SOA record being pissed off enough
at being cc'ed on an abuse mail to get a co-worker's butt in gear.

Just sayin'.