48V DC Terminal server recommendations

Ian Goodall nanog at ijg.me.uk
Wed Jul 24 15:34:55 UTC 2013

On 24 Jul 2013, at 15:59, Jeremy Bresley <brez at brezworks.com> wrote:

> The only OpenGear boxes we're seeing with DC power is a little 4 port unit and they don't mention NEBS compliance.  Lantronix mentions DC power for their SLC line, but doesn't mention anything about NEBS compliance either.

Not sure about NEBS but we use the Opengear IM4200 range which meet your other requirements:

http://opengear.com/product-im4200.html

-48v and Cisco pinout available.

I guess the small 4 port units you found were the ACM5000s. These come with an external transformer which is a pain to rack mount unlike the larger IM4200.

Avocent were good when I used them a few years ago but very expensive.

Ian