48V DC Terminal server recommendations

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Wed Jul 24 15:14:53 UTC 2013

Uplogix.

Sent from my Mobile Device.

-------- Original message --------
From: Jeremy Bresley <brez at brezworks.com>
Date: 07/24/2013 8:02 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: 48V DC Terminal server recommendations

Looking for recommendations on a good terminal server to put into a
telco colocate facility.

Requirements:
8-16 ports for Cisco console access (RJ-45s preferred, DB9s if we have to)
-48V DC power
USB/internal modem for OOB access
NEBS Level 1 (or better) compliance.

So far I've found Perle has several models that meet 3 out of 4, but
none that meet all the requirements.  The only OpenGear boxes we're
seeing with DC power is a little 4 port unit and they don't mention NEBS
compliance.  Lantronix mentions DC power for their SLC line, but doesn't
mention anything about NEBS compliance either.

Anybody have any recommendations for one they've used that meets all 4
of those requirements?

Thanks!

Jeremy "TheBrez" Bresley
brez at brezworks.com