forming an IETF AQM working group

Martin Stiemerling martin.stiemerling at neclab.eu
Mon Jul 22 08:30:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

For those who are interested in Active Queue Management (AQM):

The IETF is trying to start a working group in the Transport
Area to focus on Active Queue Management (AQM) and packet
scheduling or fair queuing algorithms.

There is a mailing list setup at:

Anyone interested is free and welcomed to join the discussion.
We especially want to have people with different perspectives
participating, including hardware and software developers for
different types of systems, network operators, academics, etc.

There will also be a Birds of a Feather (BoF) meeting at the
IETF meeting in Berlin (http://www.ietf.org/meeting/87) later
this month, which we wanted to make people aware of.  The
goal of the meeting is to form a working group following the
meeting.

A draft charter that is being discussed can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/aqm/current/msg00165.html

Thanks,

   Martin

--
IETF Transport Area Director

martin.stiemerling at neclab.eu

NEC Laboratories Europe
NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office:
Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End  Road, London, HA4 6QE, GB
Registered in England 2832014