Vendors CLI Usability vs UNIX Shell

Kasper Adel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 03:19:10 UTC 2013

Hello,

My vendor is giving me speeches on how they are improving their
product Serviceability, Usability and Manageability. They told me they
are adding a lot of new way of doing things, introducing more Unix-like
utilities and over all making CLI smarter by exposing more visibility into
system status and stuff like that.

I rarely look at what other vendors do but i am now interested in what one
might have over the other, specially things that would stand out.

I wouldnt imagine Huawei doing anything advanced there so i guess its J vs
C on this front. But i'd be interested in comparing them to Unix/Linux
Shells too.

Regards,
Kim