ARIN question

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 01:19:41 UTC 2013

On 7/19/13, Warren Bailey <wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com> wrote:
> All,
> Does anyone have a baseline on the "maximum" allocation a small to mid-sized
> ISP can receive from ARIN? I realize resources are scarce in IPv4 land, and
> I am a bit nervous to initiate the process myself without an understanding
> of what can/cannot be allocated. I'm not looking for anything insane, maybe

https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html
^

There's not a predefined "maximum" allocation,  there are maximums
that apply in certain circumstances;  the maximum is a 3 month supply
of IP addresses that you have documented justification for,  subject
to the slow-start rule   (I'm assuming you can't show justified need
for a /8  or other allocation size which the free pool exhaustion
would make impossible);   if you don't already have a /22,  you can't
apply for a /16, for example,   under the normal allocation policy.

There is a minimum allocation size, and you need to meet the
requirements shown in the policy.

--
-JH