One of our own in the Guardian.

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Mon Jul 15 05:49:57 UTC 2013

On 7/14/2013 9:08 PM, Jima wrote:
>  XMission does offer 1000/1000, as well; I seem to recall the price is
> something like $300/mo.  For us, the problem was more finding remote
> sites that can push data rates anywhere near one's own limit (as it's
> enough of a problem at 100mbit), making the price bump not quite worth it.

Very true.  We have two gigs, but a commercial speedtest comes up
seriously short (typically 100+ Mbps) while a locally hosted speedtest
will show 800-900+.  Not sure how much is "their" upstream versus simple
physics... you'd have to be the only test subject to a gig-connected
server to do much better.

We have had some "contrived" examples over I2 that pushed 500Mbps
symmetric, but they ran that demo over our I2 pipe because their
commodity link couldn't deliver the necessary rate/latency.

Jeff