One of our own in the Guardian.

Jima nanog at jima.us
Mon Jul 15 01:08:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-13 20:15, Jima wrote:
>   I can happily state that XMission is my home ISP, with UTOPIA
> (city-involved fiber optic provider) as the local loop.  (Really, who
> has 100/100 at home?)

  Thanks to everyone who responded -- my list of places I'm willing to
live is rounding out. ;-)

  XMission does offer 1000/1000, as well; I seem to recall the price is
something like $300/mo.  For us, the problem was more finding remote
sites that can push data rates anywhere near one's own limit (as it's
enough of a problem at 100mbit), making the price bump not quite worth it.

  The unfortunate fallout from having such great service is that I live
in fear of having to move outside of a UTOPIA service area, and back to
the duopoly providers (Comcast & CenturyLink for the most part here).
One might suggest getting XMission over DSL, but CenturyLink has been
locking out third-party providers as they've rolled out ADSL2.

      Jima