gTLDs opened up

Michael Brown michael at supermathie.net
Thu Jul 11 20:26:34 UTC 2013

On 13-07-11 04:08 PM, Alex Buie wrote:
> Am I missing something, or is that purporting to be an IPv4 address
> beginning with 478?
Heh... it seems as though they mistyped '*78.47.115.194*' there.

      > 7 - How to distinguish between identical TLDs?

> Within the Icann framework, names such as: tube.com, tube.net,
tube.org, etc. allow in principle to differentiate different domains
under the same name.

> Within the open root framework, if there are several .tube, one will
distinguish them according to the root being activated.

Wait... so 'open root' isn't a single alternative root namespace? It's
different depending on... near as I can tell which part of the planet
you're in?

Or is the product multiple independent roots... are you buying your own
'.' tree or a 'tld.' tree?

Clearly, this will work?

Is this the future? "Visit my site at
http://fluttershy.turgid.wonka.^78.47.115.194/index.go"

--
Michael Brown            | The true sysadmin does not adjust his behaviour
Systems Administrator    | to fit the machine.  He adjusts the machine