File transfer speed between Hong Kong and Johannesburg, South Africa

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Thu Jul 11 17:36:24 UTC 2013

Look at your MTU on links..

Sent from my Mobile Device.

-------- Original message --------
From: Luan Nguyen <luan20176 at gmail.com>
Date: 07/11/2013 10:16 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: File transfer speed between Hong Kong and Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks guys.

We do have Riverbed Steelhead appliances at both end.
According to calculation, maximum throughput can be attained is ~330KB/sec.
With the Riverbed "cold" transfer, we should get ~600KB/sec. But I can only
get ~250KB/sec with the Steelhead doing its stuff for 500M file so plenty
of time for whatever to kick in.  Iperf and netperf show great results
though.
I guess I will be sampling results hourly for comparison.

Regards,

-Luan