whois.internic.net / whois.crsnic.net IPv6 timeouts

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Wed Jul 10 20:00:30 UTC 2013

* John Levine (johnl at iecc.com) wrote:
> "It works fine for me."

Very curious.

> I've had problems before and would guess that it's a routing issue.
> It my impression that they're anycasted.

traceroute6's take me to various places, so I think it may just be a
simply DNS round-robin rather than anycast.

Now I'm starting to really wonder- I'm having this trouble over a SixXS
tunnel but some of the non-tunnel'd IPv6 environments I have access to
are working fine.  Perhaps the issue here is actually MTU or MSS
related?  I've not had any problem with SSH connections to regular IPv6
hosts (even transferring large files), either inbound or outbound..

	Thanks,

		Stephen