What to expect after a cooling failure

Jake Khuon khuon at NEEBU.Net
Wed Jul 10 05:36:41 UTC 2013

On 09/07/13 20:28, Erik Levinson wrote:

> For those who have gone through such events in the past, what can one
> expect in terms of long-term impact...should we expect some premature
> component failures? Does anyone have any stats to share?

While others have already talked about what to look out for in terms of
systems and drives, I haven't seen anyone mention things like your UPS
batteries.  Were they also heat-soaked? At one place I worked at, we
lost a whole bank of batteries in the UPS room when it overheated.  I
think that was somewhere around a $95,000 replacement and required
rush-delivery of a lot of SLAs from all over the place.