Helix Solutions

eric clark cabenth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 14:26:30 UTC 2013

I've seen this sort of thing popping up before.

Don't quite understand how its going to work. Leasing I understand. So long
as you are willing to suffer the revocation of the IP space should the
company that was actually ISSUED the IP space looses it for whatever
reason...

"Buying" I really don't get. IP space that is issued by a registrar is not
owned. It is assigned. Sure, its yours until they want it back or you give
it back, but its not owned. So, for a person to sell space that was
allocated to them, just doesn't make sense.

The "provide via GRE or other tunnel" makes me think they're tunneling your
traffic to the actual assignee's  environment, which would make sense, but
then that assignee has to deal with your bandwidth, don't they? Obviously,
if you take all of their space, you could physically move it, but if you're
only dealing with a portion, and ARIN has it assigned to AS xxx, then you
have to be running AS xxx...

Sketchy and messy and I don't see how its appropriate.