.nyc - here we go...

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Jul 5 03:35:30 UTC 2013

In message <51D61B2B.8020504 at abenaki.wabanaki.net>, Eric Brunner-Williams write
s:
> Someone who should know better wrote:
>
> > Well give that .com thingie is IPv6 accessable and has DNSSEC there
> > is nothing we need to let you know.  And yes you can get IPv6
> > everywhere if you want it.  Native IPv6 is a little bit harder but
> > definitely not impossible nor more expensive.
>
> And this was true when the v6 and DEC requirements entered the DAG?

DS for COM was added added to the root zone in Feb 2011.  The process
of getting COM signed started a lot earlier well before the root
zone was signed and included ensuring the protocol worked for COM
sized zones.  But hey if you just look a when records are added to
zones you wouldn't see that.

Requiring new zones start at the standard you expect existing zones to
obtain is neither unexpected nor unreasonable.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org