.nyc - here we go...

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Jul 5 02:04:07 UTC 2013

>I'll bite.  What's the *actual* additional cost for dnssec and ipv6
>support for a greenfield rollout?  It's greenfield, so there's no
>"our older gear/software/admins need upgrading" issues.

I've read the IPv6 and DNSSEC parts of a lot of the applications,
including the ones that aren't backed by the familiar large
registries, and nobody had any great trouble doing DNSSEC or IPv6.

There are a couple of adequate DNSSEC toolkits for anyone who doesn't
want to buy a prefab system, and even though there are plenty of
places where IPv6 isn't available, the sensible thing to do (even for
large applicants) is to put the servers where the networks are.

R's,
John