.nyc - here we go...

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Wed Jul 3 04:39:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote:

> Makes me wonder if concern for routing table size is worrying about the
> right thing.

Because obviously, the problems of scaling router memory and scaling DNS
servers are the same kind?

Yes, having many many new TLDs introduces new problems.  (If you're not
scared enough, I encourage you to go read the output of the Variant Issues
Project.  Full disclosure: I had a hand in.)  Why are we talking about this
non-news now?  We all knew about three years ago, at the latest, that ICANN
was planning to do this.  If we didn't, shame on us.