TOR fiber patch panels

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Jan 31 17:44:09 UTC 2013

I'm looking for better Top-Of-Rack fiber patch panels than the ones
I've been using up to this point.  I'm looking for something that is
1U, holds 12 to 24 strands of SC, ST, or LC, has fiber jumper
management rings, and has a door that doesn't interfere with the U
below (a server might be mounted immediately below the fiber patch
panel).  I prefer one that doesn't have a sliding mechanism, because
I've had issues with fiber installers not installing those properly,
causing fiber to be crunched and broken when the tray is slid out/in
during patching.  Of course, I would still like one that is easy to
get your fingers into to install and remove fiber jumpers.

Does such a thing exist?  What are people's favorite fiber patch
panels?

Thanks.