ONT diagnostics (WAS: Re: Muni fiber: L1 or L2?)

Jason Baugher jason at thebaughers.com
Thu Jan 31 05:55:20 UTC 2013

Why do you always assume we're talking about carriers, or the evil telcos,
RBOC's, etc....? I'm talking about small to medium-sized service providers
looking to expand services to compete against the Comcast's and AT&T's of
the world that can practically give away Internet because they already own
the infrastructure.

We (by which I mean those small-to-medium SP's) can compete not on price
but on additional value and flexibility.