Muni fiber: L1 or L2?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jan 31 04:24:06 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jason Baugher" <jason at thebaughers.com>

> I can't vouch for these yet, since I haven't used one so far.
> http://www.calix.com/systems/p-series/calix_residential_services_gateways.html

Yeah; see my other reply a few minutes ago.

> It looks to be a Broadband Forum spec,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TR-069.
> I'm not using it yet either, but find it interesting.

I see that it is, and I'm frankly *amazed* that it's gotten industry
uptake to the point people will quote it on ticklists.  Probably, everyone
*else* thinks it's a bellcore standard, like I did.  :-)

Can't wait for Telcordia to try to sue them over the prefix.

Cheers,
-- jra