"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Jan 31 03:16:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013, David Barak wrote:

> Comcast removed the "no IPv6" excuse?  That removal somehow skipped my
> house in Washington DC where they installed (last October) a router
> which does not even support it (an Arrus voice gateway- the one where
> you can't turn of the crummy 2.4g wireless radio) and none of the
> folks I've spoken to on the phone can tell me when or if it will be
> coming.

I know Verizon is rolling out v6 in some areas of their FiOS footprint.
The router they provided supports it, but what I got from their customer
service people was that they ran into some sort of issue with their TV
set-top boxes working properly with IPv6 or at least in a dual-stack
environment.  At least that's where things stand in Pittsburgh.

I don't think they've provided training to their customer service people
on IPv6 yet.  The rep I spoke with a few weeks ago told me I was the first
customer that has asked her about it.

Looking forward to native v6 / dual-stack here...

jms