"Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Wed Jan 30 22:17:51 UTC 2013

On 01/30/2013 01:51 PM, Cutler James R wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:43 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:
>
>> As a product of having a motorola sb6121 and a netgear wndr3700 both of which I bought at frys I have ipv6 in my house with dhcp pd curtesy of commcast. If it was any simpler somebody else would have had to install it.
>>
> Except that Apple Airport Extreme users must have one of the newer hardware versions, that is my experience as well.
>
> And, even before Comcast and new AEBS, Hurricane Electric removed all other excuses for claiming "no IPv6".

"Remove excuses" != "Create incentive". There are an infinite number of
things I can do to "remove excuses". Unless they're in my face (read: causing
me headaches), they do not "create incentive". My using my or my company's
software which doesn't work in my own environment (= work, home, phone, etc)
"creates incentive". Lecturing me about how I can get a HE tunnel and that if
I don't i'm ugly and my mother dresses me funny, otoh, just "creates vexation".

Mike