Muni network ownership and the Fourth

Art Plato aplato at coldwater.org
Wed Jan 30 21:01:50 UTC 2013

Although not technically private, this is where we see ourselves getting to if a good competitive environment fosters from the construction of the infrastructure. Again, we can't abandon our citizens to a one provider monopoly, but if a true competitive environment arose we would be quite content to sell last mile at a set price to anyone that wanted to provide services across that last mile and use those funds to maintain and upgrade said infrastructure as required going forward.