BGP / ISIS route recorder advice

Ben Bartsch uwcableguy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:56:40 UTC 2013

Greetings:

I work for a REN and we are looking for advice on a route recorder.  We
have been working with Packet Design and I absolutely love their product
RouteExplorer (well, everything except the price tag).  I was wondering if
anyone out there in NANOG land had any suggestions or recommendations on a
product similar to their 3600 that can handle both ISIS and BGP (we have a
goofy BGP config that includes a lot of RR clients so we need an appliance
that can handle 7-8M routes if we do a full mesh with the recorder).  I'm
aware of iBGPlay, but have not been able to get them to answer emails
requesting more information.

If you can offer any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

-ben