switch 10G standalone TOR, core to DC

Piotr piotr.1234 at interia.pl
Wed Jan 30 12:17:51 UTC 2013

W dniu 2013-01-30 12:59, Ingo Flaschberger pisze:
> Am 30.01.2013 11:30, schrieb Piotr:
>> 2.
>> Hp 5900 af 48xg
>> large buffer options - configurable buffers
>> gpl 30k$
> small: Memory and processor
>      512 MB flash, 2 GB SDRAM; packet buffer size: 9 MB
>
> http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/switches/HP_5900_Switch_Series/index.aspx#Layer%202%20switching
> Tab models

small in 5900 series:

High-performance 10 GbE switching — cut-through and nonblocking
architecture delivers industry-leading low latency (~1 microsecond) and
very demanding enterprise applications; the switch delivers a 1.28 Tbps
switching capacity and 952.32 Mpps packet forwarding rate in addition to
incorporating 9 MB of packet buffers

or big in 5920:

High-performance 10GbE switching — enables you to scale your server-edge
10GbE ToR deployments with 24 high-density 10GbE ports delivered in a
1RU design; delivers a 480 Gbps (357.12 Mpps) switching capacity in
addition to incorporating 3.6 GB of packet buffers

Ultra-deep packet buffering — provides up to a 3.6 GB packet buffer to
reduce network congestion at the I/O that is associated with the heavy
use of server virtualization, as well as bursty multimedia, storage
applications, and other critical services

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/switches/HP_5920_Switch_Series/index.aspx