Muni fiber: L1 or L2?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Wed Jan 30 00:10:41 UTC 2013

It's a matter of economies of scale. If everyone has to light their own
fiber, you haven't saved that much.  If the fiber is lit, at L2, and
charged back on a cost-recovery basis, then there are tremendous
economies of scale.  The examples that come to mind are campus and
corporate networks.

Miles Fidelman