Fwd: Re: switch 10G standalone TOR, core to DC

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Tue Jan 29 12:29:33 UTC 2013

andy at shady.org replied:

Subject: Re: switch 10G standalone TOR, core  to DC
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:25:57 +0000
From: andy <andy at shady.org>
To: Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org>
CC: Piotr <piotr.1234 at interia.pl>, nanog at nanog.org

Force10's S4810 isnt bad, we use these for a 10G 48 port box that doesnt
require Ultra Low latency.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/90301756/Dell-Force10-S4810-Spec-Sheet

Supports TRILL in some way too, Ive not had any major issues with this box,
1 or 2 bugs, but force10 (now dell)
seem quick to fix these.

They also have the Z9000 series, Ive not looked at this, but it might be
worth having a quick look and see if it
fits.

andy    andy at shady.org
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down
to their level, then beat you with experience.

JNCIE #742