Looking for success stories in Qwest/Centurylink land

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Mon Jan 28 17:32:04 UTC 2013

Anybody have some happy success stories to share about service in Qwest
service area post Centurylink acquisition?

Unfortunately the ones I have contain more humor than success.

Story #1

Ethernet/Fiber service near Tampa ordered via partner, misordered as
MPLS, re-ordered as vpls.

Delivered by June, I have been trying unsuccessfully to get a MAC off
the NID ever since.

Similarly, I have been unsuccessful in getting the LEC onsite to
troubleshoot the NID. My last update was a due date of 2/22, after they
missed a 1/17 date. Nope, not a typo.

Story #2

Ethernet/Fiber service in Phoenix ordered via partner. Apparently, in
order to save on the expense of the NID/switch combo, the LEC ran the
second set of fiber strands up to an existing customer in the building,
using dedicated conduit from the building dmarc (which is accessible by
our customer).

They then instructed us to run copper back from their customer back to
our customer's space. This recipient of the new fiber refused permission
(not to mention being unhappy at unwittingly providing shared service).

LEC claims the order was marked closed and delivered and any changes are
new orders that will take 45 days. There has not been an update since,
although presumably, we are on the 45 day clock.

Due on the 1st, delivered in mid December, this is a month late with no
timely resolution in sight.

I have been assured by everyone involved that escalation has been
pursued to the highest levels, including pleading with the CEO of the
unwitting service providing customer, to no avail.

If someone from Centurylink who can make things happen and be privy to
the real dealings would please reach out directly to me, I have high
hopes that there can be happy endings for these stories.

Or if anybody has any useful suggestions, ideas, advice, or even
commiserations, all are welcome to share.

Best,

Joe