IPV6 in enterprise best practices/white papaers

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Sun Jan 27 17:01:05 UTC 2013

On 26 January 2013 17:38, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
> As for "breaking" your LAN, if the applications take 60 seconds to
> fallback to the other address they were already broken.  Go complain
> to your application vendor.  Some vendors have already fixed this
> problem with their applications.

The question was about *enterprise* deployment, which raises two issues:

1) most vendors are waiting for customer IPv6 demand before
implementing support (or fixing bugs) - chicken and egg problem.
2) I don't know many enterprises running production software less than
a year (or more) old.

In the meantime, the network engineers struggling with this stuff need
workarounds (like the tuning parameters you and others have
mentioned).

--
Harald