IPV6 in enterprise best practices/white papaers

Pavel Dimow paveldimow at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 09:26:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have read many of those ipv6 documents and they are great but I
still luck to find something like "real word" scenario.
What I mean is that for example I want to start implementation of ipv6
in my enterprise according to mu knowledge so far
my first step is to create address plan, then implement security on
routers/switches then on hosts, and after that I can start to create
AAAA record and PTR recors in DNS and after that I should configure my
dhcp servers and after all has been done I can test ipv6 in LAN and
after that I can start configure bgp with ISP.
Is this correct procedure? Any thoughts? If all is correct I have a
few questions..

Regarding DNS, if I give a /64 to host using SLAAC or DHCP how do I
maintain PTR for this /64? I should use DDNS?
What do you use in your enterprise SLAAC or DHCP? If SLAAC why not DHCP?
Any other hints/tips?