Equipment Shuffing Cart Recommendations

R. Scott Evans nanog at rsle.net
Fri Jan 25 14:16:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:27:05 -0600, Michael Vallaly <nanog at nolatency.com>
wrote:
> Anyone have any good recommendations for an equipment cart to shuffle
> IT/Telco equipment around between an office/colo ?
>
> Id like something able to carry ~6 1U Dell servers at once, and maybe
make
> it over an elevator gap without a running start. Collapsible would also
be
> nice, if I can throw it in the back of a car once in a while is a big
plus.

> Thanks
>
> -Mike

Best cart I've had to date is a COSCO 12-301 ABL that I got from Lowes.
Combined with ratchet straps and a set of tailgate ramps I've moved
everything from 5U servers to large Cisco 7609S' and ASR9010's with it.
The selling feature for this aside from the cart/hand truck conversion
ability and 1000lb capacity was the fact that it has pneumatic tires which
helps keep the ride a little more smooth when you're rolling equipment out
to a vehicle.

http://www.wayfairsupply.com/Cosco-Home-and-Office-3-in-1-Convertible-Truck-1000lb-Capacity-20-1-2w-x-21-1-4d-x-47-4-5h-Aluminum-CSC12301ABL1D-L221-K~ACR2101.html?refid=DT411-ACR2101

-Scott