Multicast over GRE between Linux server and Cisco Router

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 05:27:13 UTC 2013

>From my experience, it seems most Linux multicast development has stalled
significantly in recent years.

None the less, look for something called "smcroute".  You should be able to
use this to manually peg up a route and generate the join.

Also take a look at the output of netstat -n -g to see the join.

igmpproxy is also good if this is a stub network and you're trying to proxy
joins.

Let me know what ends up working for you.  I've fought this one once
already.  I never did like the results, but I ended up using the igmp proxy
method.