L2 redundant VPN

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Mon Jan 21 22:57:54 UTC 2013

Alternatively, just disable encryption by using "--cipher none" if you
only care about the L2 bridging and don't care about the encryption
aspect.  You should get a huge performance boost through the tunnel and
it would be the same thing as dropping a dedicated circuit in there.

Of course, encryption is generally a Good Thing(tm), and the AES-NI
stuff is phenomenal, but it's not necessarily required in places where
you're just trying to get a link set up between 2 sites and you were
considering MPLS anyways.

- Pete