Zero-Touch Deployment Remote Office solution?

Matthew Craig matcraig at nmsu.edu
Fri Jan 18 17:41:40 UTC 2013

We have a bunch of small remote offices where we deploy cheap routers with VPN tunnels back to the central office.  This is a very static process with high overhead… we have to manage each remote router separately, and the offices do not have tech personnel that can handle local office issues.

We're looking for a more centrally managed and automated "zero-touch" remote office solution, like the Cisco Virtual Office, where the local non-clueful people don't have to do much.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns855/index.html

Does anyone have any experience / feeback for this Cisco Virtual Office solution or have recommendations for alternative solutions.

- Matt