Slashdot: UK ISP PlusNet Testing Carrier-Grade NAT Instead of IPv6

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 04:19:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:

> I'm currently using NAT444444, with at least two layers of 802.11g
> WiFi and 5 routers that seem to be doing independent NAT.  Two of them
> are mine, then the other 3 are of the ISP, to whom I connect through
> 802.11g, and it generally works just fine; traceroute on the final
> hosts shows 5 first hops being in various separate 192.168.0.0/16 and
> 10.0.0.0/8 networks.

Is the output of traceroute you reference above what you base your
supposition on that you are behind multiple NATs?  Or do you have some
other information indicating so?

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442