Re: Intermittent incorrect DNS resolution?

Erik Levinson erik.levinson at uberflip.com
Fri Jan 18 01:42:58 UTC 2013

Thanks Damian. I see four requests with Google UAs from actual Google IPs, 66.249.73.45 and 66.249.73.17 (PTR and rwhois seem yours for both), in a period of 30 minutes (compared to over 80 per minute on the new IPs). This is pretty low, so I'm not too worried.

Baidu is the main culprit now; there's little other traffic. In fact, we're getting no traffic from Baidu on the new IPs, only to the old ones. I've already e-mailed their spider help e-mail, but it's fallen on deaf ears.

Erik