How are operators using IRR?

Michael Hallgren m.hallgren at free.fr
Thu Jan 17 14:44:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

Some of the networks close to me, use IRR based AS_PATH and
prefix filters at customer-route import.

Needless to say that running periodic diffs between what's found in
IRR and what's received in RW and discuss the results with customers
is a necessary good thing to make sure that what is expected is
really happening. (And potentially a means to bump up the quality of
the IRR data set.)

Cheers,
mh