GPS attack vector

Tom Morris blueneon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 04:18:01 UTC 2013

This could also be a big show stopper for cellular and radio networks. Many
use a 10.0000000 MHz timebase distributed from a GPS disciplined local
oscillator for precise time and frequency synchronization. Without this
tight frequency stabilization from a GPS receiver, major drama will occur
on the "borders" between simulcasting repeater coverage areas, cell sites,
etc. Can anyone say Spaghetti mess? Owwwww my brain hurts.

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Chairman, South Florida Tropical Hamboree
Mad Scientist, Miami Children's Museum

This message sent from a mobile device. Silly typos provided free of charge.