Intermittent incorrect DNS resolution?

RijilV rijilv at riji.lv
Wed Jan 16 22:20:06 UTC 2013

Also client programs don't always honor TTLs either.  For example, JAVA
defaults to ignoring TTLs and holding IPs forever.

*networkaddress.cache.ttl (default: -1)*
Indicates the caching policy for successful name lookups from the name
service. The value is specified as as integer to indicate the number of
seconds to cache the successful lookup. A value of -1 indicates "cache
forever".

Depending on who your clients are, your milage may vary.

.r'