Postini Exiting ISP Business?

JC Dill jcdill.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:11:57 UTC 2013

On 08/01/13 9:06 AM, Ray Wong wrote:
> The lack of customer service is, somewhat sadly, fairly
> typical of Google's offerings. Once you get into dealings with
> Google's actual business units it's a little better, but still always
> a challenge to reach a human being who can actually give you straight
> answers and simplify things. Actually, pretty typical IME of almost
> every company that's run by the Tech people (top execs not
> withstanding, they've always favored promoting/hiring techier people
> to oversee pretty much everything... even sales types get the tech
> screen interviews, just with lower grading standards) to forget how to
> actually treat customers.

+1

(Yes, I see the irony in that.)

I've been saying this about Google for years.  This problem first became
evident when gmail was still in beta, when major problems went unfixed
for over a year, when gmail itself was still in beta almost 5 years
after they went public with it.  While Google is good at a lot of
things, and very good at some things, they are horrible at customer
service.  I use Google for many things, but I don't RELY on them for
much.  I would be very cautious about relying on them as your sole
source for a critical enterprise service like email spam filtering.

jc